Frequently Asked Questions About Auto Body Repair
Can my auto insurance require me to use a certain shop?
No. Anti-steering law allows you to choose. It's a criminal offense to tell you otherwise. The California Motorist Bill of Rights spells out your right to choose the body shop you prefer.
If you are involved in a
vehicle accidentthat occurred in California, you must report it to DMV if:
- There was property damage of more than $750 or
- Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or Anyone was killed.
- Each driver must make a report to DMV within 10 days, whether you caused the accident or not and even if the accident occurred on private property.
Who is responsible to pay the auto body shop?
It could be your insurance or the other party's insurance. Normally on collision the auto company will pay. Read more.
What do I do after an accident?
From the California Highway Patrol:
- Attend to medical needs. Call 911, if necessary.
- When there are no injuries, move your vehicle out of traffic to the nearest place of safety.
- Notify the CHP or police department of the city where the collision occurred.
- Exchange driver's license, vehicle registration and insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Do not accept or place blame. Your insurance company has people trained to determine who is at fault.
- Gather contact information from possible witnesses.
- Take a moment to write down details of the collision such as: time of day, traffic conditions, weather conditions and events leading to the collision.
West Coast Auto Body will pay the towing billto bring your vehicle to our facility.
Can my car look like it did before the accident?
With our state-of-the-art equipment and skilled auto body repair technicians we strive to return your car to the pre-collision condition. That is our goal.
Do I have to get 3 estimates?
No. there is no law requiring you to get 3 estimates. You are free to choose the auto body shop of your choice to repair you car. The California Motorist Bill of Rights spells out your right to choose the body shop you prefer.
How long will the repairs take for my car?
We do our best to get you back on the road with a properly repaired and safe car. Depending on the damage to your car it can be from one to several days. We'll keep you informed throughout the process.
Do you offer any discounts on auto body repairs?
We're happy to extend discounts to our veterans and more.
Do you accept all insurance?
Yes, we do settle all claims and handle out of pocket claims.
Do I pay my deductible to you?
The deductible is paid to the body shop when the car is inspected and approved by the owner. At that time you will pay the deductible.
If my frame is bent is my car no good?
Most people assume a bent frame is not repairable. With today's cars this is no longer true. A
bent framecould need a simple tug or pull to repair the car. Our state of the art equipment and skilled technicians can make this determination.
I am pressed for time to drive over for an estimate. Can I email a photo of my damage?
Absolutely. Email: info@WCAutoBody.com with a photo of your damaged car.